About NPD Skills in a Nutshell
NPD Skills in a nutshell is a one-day, free online event focused on new product development in the food sector.
The event is composed of three independent workshops delivered by exceptional experts and NPD practitioners.
You can attend the whole event or selected parts – the choice is yours!
New Product Development
how to do it right?
- New product development process in FMCG organisations
- Key elements of the new product development process
- New product development in practice: how to do it right? (case study)
Global trends on food market
the challenges in New Product Development Process
- Top consumer trends in food market
- From lab to production – new product development process in a start-up company
- Challenges during new product development and market introduction
Join us and get a professional training certificate!
About NPD Skills
Do you work in the food industry? Do you want to improve your skills in New Product Development? We invite you to participate in the EIT Food NPD Skills workshop! Join the workshop and become an expert in the development of new products in the food market!
The NPD Skills workshop brings together food professionals from different backgrounds and countries. It offers a professional blended-learning training aimed to encourage the development of pioneering product ideas in the food industry in RIS countries. The workshop is designed to teach the tools, techniques and best practices developed to support the NPD process and enable you to learn through experience.
The workshop addresses contemporary challenges related to new product development in the food industry. It is based on innovative approaches to teaching and learning and is prepared and delivered by experts from industry, universities and research institutes.
You can expect to develop your skills thanks to live food processing sessions, sensory evaluations, video case studies, virtual tours, teamwork, simulation-based exercises, and insights from real case studies of various global companies and startups. On the top of this, NPD Skills offers room to network and present research results.
The NPD Skills workshop is a unique opportunity to learn through experience, meet professionals working in the food industry and expand knowledge in the field of new product development!
Join the workshop and you will be ready to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control projects aimed at the development and marketing of new products and services, as well as to introduce innovations to the market in the food industry.
Let us help you turn your ideas into action and make you an NPD expert!
The NPD Skills is an international event. All communication will be in English.
The workshop consists of two parts: one online and one in-person. Both parts are obligatory.
Additionally, the workshop concluding session will be held online in November 2022.
The first part of the workshop will be delivered as an online training and the participants will have the opportunity to choose one of the convenient set of dates. (participants should indicate the preferred set of dates in the application form).
The workshop will be held in two identical sessions:
- Option 1: 05.04.2022 – 29.04.2022 (Tuesdays & Thursdays)
- Option 2: 09.05.2022 – 01.06.2022 (Mondays & Wednesdays)
The second part of the workshop (if sanitary conditions related to the COVID-19 pandemic allow) will be held in-person in Warsaw, as a two-day concluding session, on 23 – 24.06.2022 (Thursday – Friday).
Final concluding session – November 2022
Reasons to join
- Develop your NPD skills by learning through experience!
- Find out how COVID-19 has impacted new product development in the food industry!
- Learn how to create and execute NPD projects by understanding the market and consumer needs!
- Apply sensory analysis in the process of food design!
- Experience in real time the processing of food products using innovative methods!
- Discover how to handle competing project requirements and constraints!
- Learn from successful and unsuccessful product development case studies!
- Team up with professionals from RIS countries and identify how to meet the needs of food sector customers!
- Network and share your experiences with directors, managers, researchers, scientists and other experts working in the agri-food industry!
- Present research results and NPD-related ideas during the workshop knowledge sharing session!
- Get a professional training certificate!
- Gain new knowledge on NPD in the food industry, apply it in practice and make the difference!
- Become an expert in New Product Development!
- Still not convinced enough to participate? See past editions and convince yourself that you should join the NPD Skills training!
I truly encouraged people who are working or are anyway connected with food industry, including R&D, innovation, tech and more, to apply, when reopens, to EIT FOOD new-product-development. It's a great chance to learn more about this subject and apply to your work all the info from this program. More than that is a chance to enlarge your business network with high level experts from the industry.
Great people and very good organized, to the level of irreproachable.
Feeling really satisfied to have participated in such a wonderful and interesting workshop! #eitfood
I am very grateful and proud to have been selected from many applications to attend the EIT FOOD Summer School. Lectures and workshops gave me a new perspective on the field of Food industry.
I will be happy to incorporate the acquired knowledge into my further work.“Don’t let learning lead you only into knowledge, let it lead you into action.” (Jim Rohn)
Workshops at EIT FOOD exceeded my expectations. Now is the time to use new knowledge in practice.
It was an experience and then a course. An experience that has taught me a lot, but above all it has introduced me to more than 40 colleagues with different points of view and different dreams, but all united by the passion for research and development of new services and products in the food sector. I thank all my friends and colleagues, but especially the organizers and guests. Thank you so much for the wonderful opportunity!
Last week I attended the online course (due to COVID) "EIT Food Summer School on New Product Development for the Food Industry" EIT Food.It was quite a few hours on the computer, but it was worth it, both for everything I learned in terms of how to develop a new product, the good teamwork, experiences, new products already developed, as well as the good work and excellent attitude of the facilitators.
It was great experience to attend EIT Food Summer School program. I learned many things about NPD process and I am excited to keep learning more. Once again, big thanks for this great organization.
Thank EIT Food for the opportunity to step in a new area of Knowledge!
Last week I participated in EIT Food Summer School on New Product Development.It was an exciting week with a lot of learning regarding the NPD process in the food industry, which included interactive workshops, engaging project assignments and much more that helped me to extend my knowledge in this field!I want to express my gratitude to all the people involved in this project, both facilitators and all the participants, as once more I found out that collaboration and teamwork is key both for developing successful projects but also for personal development!
Thanks to EIT food team for the perfect organization of 3rd Summer school on New Product Development for the Food Industry. You did an outstanding job! It was a very intense but wonderful week with amazing facilitators and participants!I am so glad to have met you all and have had the opportunity to work with you!
At the end of August I participated in the event organized by EIT Food on New Product Development for the Food Industry. Even though this year this event took place online due to the current global situation and not in Warsaw (Poland) as originally planned, the organizers did an amazing job! I learned new things about design thinking, PEF technology, functional foods, project management and we performed also sensory analysis tests.
I feel the NPD Course has had a great impact on both my professional and personal skills, boosting both my confidence in my designer and management skills, as well as giving me some solid knowledge about the process.Recently, I have been supervising three student-led projects, which have benefited greatly from the NPD training. They are mostly devoted to the development of students’ research, design and teamwork skills.
Two of the projects are directly food-related and they have resulted in the development of three unique products, one of which was tested with and is considered by an existing start-up. The third one has just obtained grant funding and we are at the prototype development stage, and it is already gaining attention from the industry.
Last week’s I participated in the New Product Development summer school organized by #EITFood. The 5-day intensive program presented the technical steps of NPD related processes (Innovation, Food Product Design and Project Management) followed by the food industry.It was a huuuuge opportunity to collaborate and change opinions on this topic with young and senior professionals as well as with academics and entrepreneurs. Despite the fact that this summer-school was “e”-based one could easily feel the energy and enthusiasm during the interactive workshops and group-work assignments.
BIG thanks to the organizational committee and the facilitators for making this happen! They even organized a hangout event after the class and a quiz during it where I won! HOW AMAZING IS THAT?!!
It was such an eye opening experience. A journey highly recommended to all.
The ideal applicant should:
- Be a food professional employed in companies, academia or research institutes;
- Have an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and willingness to share their knowledge with other participants of the EIT Food NPD Skills workshops;
- Have relevant knowledge and experience in the food sector (preferably connected to new product development);
- Have working knowledge of English language (the course will be held in English);
- Be highly motivated to participate in the EIT Food NPD Skills;
- Be a citizen of one of the RIS countries, including: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine and Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Réunion, Martinique, Mayotte and Saint-Martin (France), the Azores and Madeira (Portugal), and the Canary Islands (Spain).
How to Apply
To apply to the NPD Skills workshop, please visit the EIT Food Application Portal
You can interrupt the registration process make breaks and come back to your application later to make your final submission.
Please remember to read the
TERMS & CONDITIONS before applying to the NPD Skills workshop
Everything you need to know!
When is the application deadline?
How can I apply?
How will I be notified of the decision concerning my application?
Who can Apply?
What are the evaluation criteria for the application?
What is the cost of participation in the workshop?
What is the form of the workshop?
When and where will the NPD Skills workshop take place?
What documentation will I receive upon successful completion of the workshop?
Which language will be spoken?
How can I submit an abstract (full paper / NPD-related idea description) to be considered for the presentation during the knowledge sharing session?
Stay tuned for updates
on the NPD Skills workshop!
© Copyright EIT Food | NPD Skills. All Rights Reserved.